Monday, May 2nd, the voting will begin at noon on the PSC strike authorization. Every member will have until May 11th at midnight to cast their ballot. Each of us will receive instructions on how to vote by mail (with a paper ballot), by phone, or via internet (with a PIN). Please remember to get your vote in early!
If you are going to be at the Graduate Center, you are welcome to come vote here in the building. There will be two voting booths in the lobby (at the table near the library doors) every weekday between May 2nd and 11th, from 1-6:30pm, and volunteers from our chapter will be happy to assist you. We will have laptops available, so all you should need to do is pull up your PIN number.
*Update 5/3/16* Some members have had the email with voting instructions go right to their spam folder, so if you haven’t received instructions and a PIN number check there! The email will be from the American Arbitration Association. If you still do not see the email contact the PSC: 212-354-1252
Are you voting yes on the strike authorization? Want to help spread the word? Please download our “I’m Voting Yes on the Strike Authorization” jpegs and consider making one of them your Facebook, Twitter, and/or other public profile picture!
And share your support using the hashtag #CUNYStrikeAuth
Tomorrow (Wednesday, April 20th) there will be a mass meeting of HEO series members at 6-8pm in the PSC Union Hall, 61 Broadway, 16th Floor. On the agenda will be:
- Contract Negotiations
- The Strike Authorization Vote
- The New York State Budget
- Local Campus Issues
Hope to see all HEO series folks there!
Thank you for visiting the GC (et al.) chapter page! Check back periodically for updates on your chapter and the PSC more generally.
To start with, here are a few dates coming up that you should keep in mind:
- Friday, April 22nd, is the last day to sign the public pledge to vote “yes” on the strike authorization vote. [Note: this is just a public pledge–you vote will be cast later.]
- “Get Out the Vote” phone banking will take place everyday this week at 61 Broadway. If you can spare even a few hours, please reach out to Patricia Young: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 2nd-11th you will be the vote on the strike authorization. Your fellow GC chapter members will be staffing voting booths throughout that time in the lobby of the GC. Stop by and vote!
- If you would like to volunteer to help at the voting booth contact Luke Elliott-Negri: email@example.com
Finally, the PSC is looking for people to share why they are voting yes on the strike authorization. If you have a few sentences (no more than a paragraph) that you would like to share, send it to Fran Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org